0

Carrie’s review: The iconic movie filled with love, heartbreak and humour.

‘If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling that you’ll find that love actually is all around’

The iconic movie filled with love, heartbreak and humour, Love Actually (released at Christmas in 2003) has a brilliant Christmas twist. This detailed masterpiece was directed by Richard Curtis and produced by Duncan Kenworthy, Eric Fellner and  Tim Bevan.

When I first went to watch this movie I was expecting just another rom com movie with the same predictable story line, but what I saw, was totally different. The moral to this story says that love is all around, but you can only find it if you look hard enough.

The story consists of many wonderful characters, all with their own tragic love stories. One story consists of a gorgeous assistant (Martine McCutcheon) and a devoted prime minister (Hugh Grant). A tug of love ensues, when the pm struggles with his work over love. All 9 stories, in this film, all intertwine in some way. So when watching you have to keep a watchful eye for characters in a different story.

Love Actually has an age rating of 15, but is a 5* watch for those old enough.

I loved this movie as I thought the whole intertwined plot idea was very original. I have never watched a film like this before, and trust me, I have watched a lot of films! It has to be one of my favourite films I have ever seen, and hope it will be yours too.

Mrs Sabin

Mrs Sabin is one of the amazing teachers at Chichester Free School, working with the senior students on Media & Film Studies. She is married and is part of a local church in Chichester. Favourite things include reading (of course!), watching films (of course!), dancing, walking in our beautiful Sussex countryside, crochet and gardening.